Saturday, September 4, 2010

A C-R-A-Z-Y week!!!!

     We've had family in from out of town for the past two weeks. That's great, as we don't get to see them all that often. Add one nephew who comes home from his FOURTH tour in Iraq. FANTASTIC! Welcome home, Matt!
     Add on top of that a cake order with a LOT of sugar detail work to do ahead of time. Check! No problem there. Also add a small, but heart-felt cake to celebrate Matt's homecoming. Still, all's well.
     So, the "fun" part was a 3- and a 5-year old, running around the house, "whatcha doin', Uncle Scott??? What's that for? Can I eat that?" All day...every time I sat at my work station!! Don't get me wrong, I love kids.... in small doses. :)
     The final 48 hour push to complete both cakes was insane...with the last 24 spent without sleep, to get everything together. Which is great, because I work better in the kitchen under pressure. Keeping things fresh and my work as pristine as possible, I really shine to bring out the best in each project.

     The fruits of my labours of love...I hope you enjoy them as much as I did in creating them!



     Now, onto more design work for two more projects in the coming week and a half....I need more coffee! Stay tuned, and I hope you all enjoy a fun and safe Labor Day weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment