Thursday, September 9, 2010

My "first" cuppies

Cake has ALWAYS been my passion.
I like cookies, don't get me wrong, but never got into decorating them until recently (more on that in another post soon).
Cupcakes have been the same thing for me...not much interest in making them 'interesting.'

Then came some inspiration yesterday, and I decided, I'm going to make some yummy (hopefully), beautiful (keeping my fingers crossed a second time!) gourmet cupcakes!

I've had bananas on the brain for baking lately, as we always have them in our kitchen, but usually nearly all go to waste. Well, Bananas Foster is a favorite dessert in our household, so why not in a cupcake form???

A mad dash to the grocer for under-ripe bananas, and a visit to the liquor store for some dark rum later, and I banged them out in just a couple hours. For an idea I just came up with, and didn't write out and plan on paper, I'm pleased with the results.


little bites of heaven...


'beauty' shot?
What do you think?
What are some of your favorite desserts you'd like to see reinvented as a cupcake? I'd love to hear from you :)

Hope you're all having a great day ~ Scott

1 comment: